8. What is something you have changed your mind about?
Cats. They are not evil. (at least, not all of them are evil.)
Pros of focusing a story around friendship instead of romance
- Less danger of writing awful purple prose
- Friends can survive without constantly being around each other
- Friendships are really cute
- It’s easier to write healthy friendships
- Somebody can be friends with two people without it turning into an annoying “friendship triangle”
- Positive female-female friendships are underrepresented
- Female-male friendships without romantic undertones are underrepresented outside of children’s books
- Most people don’t collapse into irrational heaps of strong emotions whenever they see their friends, which makes it way easier to fight off attacking ninjas
- More stories about online friends would be nice
- Friends don’t have to be conventionally attractive in order to sell books
- Did I mention the cuteness factor?
Page 1 of 503
← Newer • Older →